Friends of the Library
Become a Friend
The Friends Board of Directors and participating members meet at 1 p.m. on the third Thursday each month in the library’s Community Meeting Room.
Everyone is always welcome to attend meetings and lend their support.
Membership fees enable the Friends to sponsor its many activities.
to become a Friend of the Library member, please send in a completed Friends of the Library Form to the Friends at PO Box 265 or drop off in the Friends Book Room.
What are Friends For?
A 501 (c) 3 organization, it has expanded its support to include the following goals:
- Manage and maintain the Friends of the Library Used Book Room.
- Advocate and promote the library.
- Foster a closer relationship between the community and the library.
- Promote knowledge of the library’s functions, resources, services and needs.
- Help to develop and improve library resources and services.
- Help to provide adequate housing and furnishings for the library.
- Encourage donations, bequests, and gifts of books, money or other appropriate materials beyond the resources of the library’s regular budget.
- Serve as a medium through which people may become acquainted and share their enthusiasm for books, films, and .
- Offer enrichment classes and programs for both children and adults.
The original Friends formed in 1995. The organization’s primary goals were to secure county funding and to raise funds for needs beyond the resources of the library’s regular budget.
The Friends believe that a strong public library is essential for a thriving community.
Friends Officers and Board of Directors
Ann Korn, President
JoAnn Evans, Vice President
Alice Kissinger, Secretary
Bethe Wiberg, Treasurer
JoAnn Evans, Assistant Treasurer
JoAnn Evans, Friends Room Coordinator
Bethe Wiberg & JoAnn Evans, Fundraising & Membership
Marge Everett, Member at Large
Sherman & Ruth Weiss
P.O. Box 917
10788 State Hwy 22/77
Hayward, WI 54843
Curbside daily by appointment.