Checking an Item’s Due Date
- Refer to your checkout receipt.
- Call the library.
- Check your library account online.
Get a Temporary Card
Get a temporary library card during the Pandemic by clicking the button below and then by clicking “Self Registration” at the bottom of the page.
- Fines for magazines, books, audiobooks and music are 25 cents a day per item.
- Fines for movies are $1.00 per day per item.
Public Computers and Printing
Each patron is able to use our computers for two one half hour sessions a day. The two sessions are back to back (consecutive) if no other patrons are waiting for computers. If patrons do not have a NWLS library card, the patron may ask at the circulation desk for a visitors pass.
No visitor passes are issued to patrons under 18 without approval by the parent/guardian.
- Computer prints are 20 cents per page.
- Wi-Fi is also available at the library.
Copies are 20 cents per page per side.
$1.00 per page when sending or receiving faxes.
When receiving a fax at the library, please have the sender include your name and a contact phone number so we can notify you when the fax is received.
The library’s fax number is 715-634-5257
Northern Waters Library Service (NWLS) Library patrons may have up to 20 holds at a time on their record. Patrons are notified when items are ready to be picked up by the NWLS automatic notification system.
For Hayward Library patrons: If there is a phone number on record, the system will contact the patron by phone. If there is an email on record, the patron will be contacted by email. If there is neither a phone nor an email on the record, the patron will be contacted by snail mail.
Ready for pick up items are held for 7 days before they automatically clear in the computer system and the items are sent on to the next hold/back to the owning library.
- All patrons may check out up to 50 items, including 8 DVDs.
- Books, Magazines, etc. are checked out for 3 weeks
- Movies are checked out for 1 week
- Seasonal and high demands items may have shorter loan periods.
Sherman & Ruth Weiss
P.O. Box 917
10788 State Hwy 22/77
Hayward, WI 54843
Curbside pickup is available during library hours. Call ahead at 715-634-2161.
- New Year's Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Christmas Eve Day
- Christmas Day
- December 26
- New Year's Eve Day